Includes layout, fit up and welding of complicated steel parts / assemblies by reading shop drawings, and building to specifications and codes with minimum supervision.
Required Job Functions and Qualifications
- Maintain good attendance and reliability.
- Accurately read and understand shop drawings and shop orders, including all weld symbols, and steel fasteners (bolts, studs, DBA’s, etc.)
- Accurately layout, and build fixtures/jigs when needed, fit up and weld hand rails, stairs and other miscellaneous assemblies in the most timely and efficient way possible.
- Properly set welding machines according to WPS parameters.
- Accurately read tape measure or other measuring devices to 1/32”.
- Accurately add and subtract dimensions when necessary.
- Assure quantity of work meets company standards before sending to next operation.
- Is proficient with the use of equipment, machines, and tools required to complete the job.
- Be aware and responsible for surrounding environment and safety orientated with this environment.
- Maintain good housekeeping, keeping area neat and orderly at all times.
- Operate overhead pendant or remote controlled bridge crane safely and efficiently.
- Be able to read, write, speak and understand enough English to accurately follow basic instructions.
- Accurately and properly clock in and out on all different jobs and all shop orders worked on.
- Work required hours to help meet production schedule and satisfy the needs of both internal and external customers.
- Perform other duties as required by management.
Qualifications and Requirements:
Required: At least one year experience in complete fabrication (layout/fit up and welding) of rails and/or stairs.Must be able to read and interpret detailed shop drawings. Must be able to pass certification testing for tack welding in all positions using GMAW and FCAW welding process. Able to pass certification testing for 2G position welding up to 3/4 inch thickness using FCAW and GMAW welding process. Ability to lift a minimum of 50 lbs. over shoulder height on occasion. Has considerable knowledge of the AISC and AWS codes. Good basic math skills.
Preferred: High school education or equivalent.Two or moreyears experience in complete fabrication (layout, fit up and welding) of rails and/or stairs.